Maryvale Athletics Update
To student athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents and patrons:
As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you to know that the health and safety of all student athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents and patrons is our number one priority.
When you are in our facilities, we are asking you to adhere with the following guidelines:
- Per NYS Department of Health guidance, masks or face coverings are required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons or anyone entering a Maryvale School’s facilities. Masks will be required to be worn at all times including in the athletic training rooms, practice fields and games fields.
- Per NYS Department of Health guidance, facilities will be limited to TWO spectators per athlete. We ask that you continue to follow all social distancing procedures maintain six feet of physical distance between individuals.
- Maryvale Schools believes sportsmanship is paramount to the develop of our student athletes, at this time, there will be no hand shaking , high fives, hugging or fist bumps between opposing teams, both before and after games, this is to reduce contact as much as possible.
- There will be no shared towels, clothing, shoes, or water bottles between participants, officials and coaches.
- Before, during and after the contest, players, coaches, game officials, team personnel and game administration officials should wash and sanitize their hands as often as possible.
- Locker rooms will not be available for use, we recommend that teams and officials come dressed and ready to participate in the event.
- Only necessary personnel will be allowed in the press box, on the sidelines and at the scorer's tables.
- When traveling to and from away events, all Maryvale coaches and student athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
- Student athletes need to provide their own transportation to practices.
We thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns before coming to our facilities, please do not hesitate to contact our athletic department at (716) 631-7418.
For further detailed information regarding the NYS Department of Health guidance please visit NYS Dept. of Health Master Guide.
For further detailed information from NYSPHSAA regarding return to interscholastic athletics please visit NYSPHSAA Return to Interscholastic
Tim Klimtzak, Director of Athletics
All Athletes Must complete Athletic Handbook Google Form
*Athletes must be signed in using their Google Account*
Mr. Tim Klimtzak
Mrs. Sherry Pruchnowski