School Closure 2020
Hello, I miss you 3rd graders! Thinking of you all and hope you are staying healthy.
In addition to the work sent home, we are using Google Classroom to help you practice your skills (if you have access to technology). To maintain communication we will be placing weekly phone calls and utilizing email and Class Dojo for announcements.
In google classroom, you will find resources for you to help support your education. You can pick and choose which resources that will support your learning While this will not replace classroom instruction, we hope these resources will keep you moving forward!
* Read 30 minutes daily. Choose a book or online resources (Raz-kids, EPIC, etc.) at your reading level.
* Write daily - journal, free write! Draw illustrations along with your writing!
* Math lessons~ Work on Zearn lessons based on the schedule shared, study math fluency facts, view math resources and games and visit Anchor Activities from previous Modules. Work on any IXL skills. (Continue practicing the math in the packets if you do not have access to technology).
* Read social studies and science books/articles and watch science videos. Try experiments at home (with supervision).
* Have FUN! Draw, paint, color, create music, sing, dance and exercise!
3/13/20- An envelope of work for possible school closure was sent home to work on in any order or instructional pace as you see fit.
3/17/20 - New work was prepared for the extended school closure announcement.
3/19/20 - Additional material and report card distribution. New math schedule replacing math sheets with Zearn if able to gain wireless access.
* Please check Class DoJo and Google Classroom regularly for annoucements, updates and resources to continue third grade learning.
* Username and passwords are located in the front cover of student agendas.
In order to maintain continuity of learning, we are encouraging students to complete the following Zearn lessons each day (see below). These lessons will take the place of the packet pages for math. If you do not have the ability to access Zearn from home, you are encouraged to continue to make daily progress on your math review packet pages. Zearn log in:1. Go to google home page.2. In upper right corner click "sign in" (If someone else is signed into your device sign them out so you can sign in. Just like on our class chromebooks.)3. Sign in with your email (email@example.com
) then your MVpassword.4. Go to Zearn.com and click "sign in with google".5. Choose your account and you will be directed to your Zearn page.The attached Embarc website will show all third grade math lessons and provide slides and materials.If you need help with homework being explained, if you google Duane Hawbecker Grade 3 Module 5 Lesson (whichever number you are on), he is a teacher who has several videos and can help explain the concept/review homework problems.*I recommend doing one Zearn lesson a day. (See below)
3/23 - 3/27
Mission 5 Zearn lessons 23-27
3/30 - 4/3
Mission 5 Zearn lessons 28-29 & Mission 6 lessons 1-3
4/6 - 4/10
Mission 6 lessons 4-8
CODES if needed:Zearn - PX8Z9FGoogle Classroom - wkupyia **Make sure you are logged into Google Classroom with your MARYVALE USERNAME and password to access.Epic Books - arg0061We will get through this challenging time in education together! Sending lots of teacher love your way.
Miss Yonda's 3rd Grade Class!
I cannot wait to kick off the 2019-2020 school year as a new teacher! This year will be filled with various, exciting learning opportunites. In our classroom, every student is loved, valued, and capable of doing amazing things!