Welcome to Student Services!
In the middle school we have two school counselors who are assigned by alphabet.
Mrs. Winnicki works with students whose last names begin with A-L. Mrs. Winnicki is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 3:30 pm during remote instruction.
Mrs. Shaver works with students whose last names begin with M-Z. Mrs. Shaver is available Monday- Friday from 8:00 am- 3:30 pm during remote instruction.
Here are some reasons a student at Maryvale Middle might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- They are concerned about their grades.
- They are having problems with their peers.
- They are under a great deal of stress or they are feeling anxious, uneasy, or depressed.
- There are problems in the family.
- There has been an illness or death of a loved one.
- There is a problem outside of the classroom that they can't handle on their own.
- They are having behavior or adjustment problems in the classroom.
Here are some reasons parents at Maryvale Middle might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- You are concerned because your child is struggling making friends.
- Your child has recently experienced a loss of a loved one and needs support.
- Your family is experiencing changes and you feel that your child can benefit from extra support.
- Your child seems to get frustrated doing his/her homework or is not completing homework and it is causing failing grades.
In the case of a mental health emergency:
- Please contact your private mental health provider and/or
- CARES Team (716)882-4357 (Under 18 years old) or Crisis Services (716)834-3131
- Crisis Services
- or 911