March/ April 2019,
We are entering the spring season which signifies rebirth and new energy. I hope that our students will harness that energy and vigor of the season, to push successfully towards the end of the school year. It is hard to imagine that we are approaching the conclusion of the 25 week interim reports and cruising towards the conclusion of the semester and the school year. We are in budget season and are planning to utilize resources as best we can to enhance and sustain programming for students here at Maryvale. The past several years, Maryvale has been met with unprecedented challneges to offer robust programming in the face of financial hardship. Parents and students, please contact your NYS Assembly members, and State Senate representatives and advocate for our school.
Thank you and best wishes this "early" spring!
See events below :
3/1 and 3/2: Maryvale Musical
3/8: 25 week interim reports
3/15: Supt Conf Day (no student attendance)
3/20: Bald for Bucks 6pm HS aud
3/22: Wall of Fame inductees assembly 1pm
3/23: Wall of Fame induction dinner , Salvatore's 6pm
3/25: BOE meeting 6pm
3/29: Mr. Maryvale, HS aud 7pm
4/9: PTO meeting 6pm, Alumni Hall
4/15: Start of 4th marking period
4/17: BOCES Stars celrbation 7pm, WFPAC
4/19-4/26: Spring Recess
Stack's Points for Success:
1) Attendance- We need to have our students here and do whatever it takes to see the benefit of a quality education and the positive impacts in a student’s life.
2) Environment- Culture is what you allow for students and the community. Students do not care what you know until they know you care.
3) Work- Invest in the work of being a student, ie. Homework, assessment, study skills, respect, accountability.
4) Instruction- Provide quality instruction that is varied and greeted by varying learning modalities and abilities.
5) Assessment- We must frequently assess student performance. Assessment comes in many ways---not always a high stakes test.
Thomas B. Stack
Maryvale High School Principal