Earth Science Information:
This class follows the New York State Regents Curriculum for Physical Setting/Earth Science . Topics covered include:
- General Structure of the Earth, Maps and Topography
- Rocks and the Rock Cycle
- Landscapes and the Water Cylce
- Plate Tectonics
- Historical Geography
The following materials are required daily for class:
- Pen or pencil.
- 3 ring binder (2 - 3")
- Be on time.
- Be Prepared.
- Cell phones and other electronics should be off and out of site.
- Do not cause disruptions.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Tests and Quizes - 50%
- Labs - 20%
- Homework - 20%
- Class Participation - 10%
The final class grade is the average of the 4 marking period grades and the regents exam grade.
Students can receive extra help for remedial purposes before, during, and after school. Students are strongly encouraged to utilize the Academic Learning Center of the High School or make arrangements for individual help from their instructor. Parents and students can ensure success by logging assignments in the student planner and are encouraged to use the student/parent portal to check grades on a regular basis.