Welcome to Ms. Hafner's Reading Class!
Mondays from 2:00-4:00 and Thursdays from 2:00-4:00. Go to Google Meet and enter the code Reading and I'll be there!
Students or parents can meet with me for any reason!
If you'd like to arrange for a different time to see me, please contact me through Class Dojo or email (email@example.com).
During this time of distance learning, I will be assigning one book a week for students to read on GuidedReaders.com. Here's how it works:
- Students listen to the Book Introduction/ Strategy Instruction slideshow that will be posted in their Google Classroom
- After listening to the slideshow and completing any activities in it they will log into GuidedReaders.com.
- Students will...
- Read (They can listen to the audio if necessary but need to be able to read it on their own)
- Record the pages assigned in the slideshow
- Take the quiz.
- Come to their assigned Instructional Google Meet. We will talk about the book and do phonics and/or word work activities! LInks to Google Meets are in the Google Classroom groups.
Google Meet Days/times:
Every Tuesday: Jaguars Group 1: 12:30-1
Jaguars Group 2: 1:15-1:45
Every Wednesday: Cheetahs Group 1: 12:30-1:00
Cheetahs Group 2: 1:15-1:45
Every Friday: Leopards: 9:45-10:15
Lions Group 1: 10:30-11:00
Lions Group 2: 11:15-11:45
Hello! My name is Ms. Hafner and I am the reading specialist for the Intermediate Building. I am also a graduate of Maryvale! Maryvale is truly home for me! Even my mother graduated from Maryvale. This is my 19th year teaching at Maryvale! I love teaching and working with kids so this is my dream job! I also run the Future Leaders Club after school.
The best way to contact me is through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Class Dojo app.
Please be sure to check out the tabs to the left! There are many learning opportunities for your child during this time of learning from home. I especially suggest the Learning at Home tab that has a link to the Guided Readers site that we are using for instruction, Scholastic's Learn at Home page, and the Fun Brain site. Fun brain offers books to read, edcational games, and more! There is plenty to do from these two links!
See below for a link to TumbleBumble Books. This a great site for kids to find books to read, have books read to them, and search for books that interest them.
I invite you to please join my class on Class DOJO. If I work with your child, you will be invited. I also have a Google Classroom from which I will be posting assignments for those of you with devices and internet access at home. The assignments posted will coincide with the packet that was sent home in March.