A brief timeline of the history and evolution of Maryvale
1873-1922: A one room schoolhouse is built on the corner of Maryvale and Cayuga.
1922-1944: The four room Cayuga Road school was built.
1944- 1949: A five room school is built on the north end of the Airport Plaza. Maryvale is a "Common School District" with a three member Board of Education.
1948: Maryvale becomes a Union Free School District, a designation which enabled the District to build a High School for grades 9-12.
1949-1951: Kindergarten through 8th grade children at Maryvale attended school at 777 Maryvale Drive. High School students had to attend Depew or Pine Hill schools.
1952: Maryvale's first Junior/Senior High School opens. (The site of the current high school)
1953-1965: The District constructed three elementary schools, a Junior High School, additions to the three elementary schools and a new grade 7-8 Junior High School.
1968: Sixth graders from East and U-Crest elementary schools were housed on the secondary school campus.
1970: The Samuel R. Bennett Administration building opened and housed sixth graders from East and U-Crest elementary schools.
1972: Maryvale becomes a Superintendency.
1983: Maryvale closes three elementary buildings: North Hill, Maryvale East and Maryvale Elementary
1984: Maryvale is re-structured into Primary, Intermediate, Middle and High Schools.
2010: The new Natatorium is dedicated to Mr. Gary Brader
2011: Maryvale moves the Community Education program to the 9-10 Building and the 9/10 Building is re-named after Dr. Robert A. Binner.
Superintendents of Maryvale
Dr. Samuel R. Bennett- 1972-1974
Dr. Robert A. Binner- 1974- 1992
Mr. Gary Brader- 1992-2009
Mrs. Deborah Ziolkowski- 2009-2015
Mr. Joseph R. D'Angelo- 2015- present